Information for Applicants
Whether you are seeking a position as a sworn deputy sheriff or as a deputy jailer, the Haralson County Sheriff's Office offers excellence in training and opportunity. In addition to being a part of an agency truly committed to making a difference in the community it serves, you'll find that the career opportunities we offer are gratifying, provide ample chances for advancement, and offer competitive salaries, and benefit packages.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- Provide a copy of your Social Security Card, Birth Certificate and High School Diploma or its recognized equivalent
- To apply for Deputy Sheriff Operations you must have a Georgia P.O.S.T. certification number
- Not have been convicted of any felony or serious misdemeanors.
- Not have been convicted of a domestic violence offense
- Sign a written release to allow a search through databases to disclose any criminal record
- Pass a Physical Fitness Assessment
- Possess good moral character as determined by the applicant Screening Board and background investigation
- Successfully pass a Polygraph examination
- Pass a physical examination and drug screen by a licensed physician or surgeon, to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental conditions which might adversely affect his / her exercising the powers or duties of a Deputy Sheriff / Jailer.
When vacancies occur:
- Applications are reviewed for detail and experience
- A criminal history and driver record check are completed
- An interview is scheduled with our Applicant Screening Board
- A polygraph examination is administered
- The Internal Affairs Division will conduct a background investigation
Applicants successfully completing all phases of the employment process become eligible for a position with the Haralson County Sheriff's Office. At this time, the applicant will be required to pass a physical examination and drug screen as scheduled and provided for by this agency.
The hiring process takes time. Every application that we receive is reviewed very carefully. If there is any reason for disqualification we will notify you. If there are no disqualifying factors, applications are placed in the active file. All applications remain active for a period of two years.
We ask that you please do not call or come by the office to check on your application. We will contact you to schedule an interview.
We appreciate your interest in employment with our office, thank you for your patience and wish you every success.
Haralson County is an equal opportunity employer.